Lake Kashagawigamog Organization
Cottage in the mist: Photo by John Sheard
Watching the Loon:Photo by Kathleen Conlan
Are you a conservation hero? Or do you know a group or individual whose efforts and accomplishments to improve, support or preserve the quality of the natural environment and resources of Lake Kashagawigamog deserve recognition? Now is your chance to send in a nomination for the Lake Kashagawigamog Organization’s (LKO) Conservation Award.
The conservation effort(s) could include but is/are not limited to:
- water quality protection/enhancement and conservation;
- streambank and shoreline restoration or stabilization;
- animal habitat improvement and support;
- control and prevention of invasive species;
- land reclamation, soil enhancement or support;
- encouragement of an appreciation of nature (education).
Eligibility: All Lake Kashagawigamog seasonal or permanent residents.
Any group or individual who has demonstrated a commitment to conservation through effective and responsible activities that promote, enhance and further the conservation of Lake Kashagawigamog’s natural resources is eligible for this award. Awarded for making a direct and positive impact on the lake and its flora and fauna. Applications may be self-nominated, submitted by another lake resident or by non-LKO members.
Describe the conservation effort, for example:
- Its objective;
- When it was done and over what length of time;
- Whom it involved (youth and/or adult) and how many people;
- Where it was done;
- What were the results, if any;
- Are there any future plans for the conservation effort;
- Supporting documentation (e.g. photographs, data);
- Any other pertinent details.
Rules and Regulations:
- Completed applications including all supporting material must be submitted by December 31, 2019;
- Judging will be completed by June 1, 2020;
- Award presented at the June 2020 Lake Kashagawigamog Organization Annual General Meeting.
- Submission must include:
- How to submit:
- Electronic submissions: email@example.com
- Paper submissions: Lake Kashagawigamog Organization, PO Box 878, Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
- Adjudication will be by the Lake Kashagawigamog Organization’s Conservation Award committee members. Click here for biographies of Committee Members. .
- Cash prize of $100
- Free 1-year LKO membership
- Lake Kashagawigamog decorative paddle
- Media recognition of the conservation effort
All award winners will be recognized at the 2020 LKO Annual General Meeting in June and the achievements will be highlighted in the LKO newsletter. The winning conservation effort may also be profiled in the local media.