The Lake Kashagawigamog Organization (LKO) relies on the participation and support of its members to carry out important programs to the benefit of all stakeholders on the lake. From the monitoring of water quality to lobbying municipalities on behalf of stakeholders, the LKO represents the unified voice of residents and cottagers alike.
- AGM – usually on the 3rd weekend of June as well as advertised on many lake roads.
- Development and management of the Lake Plan.
- Monitoring of lake levels and water quality throughout the summer months.
- Lobbying with the County of Haliburton and the municipalities of Minden Hills and Dysart et al. for issues that matter most to lake participants such as better roads, fire and police protection, 911 service, taxes, septic inspection plan, and controlled waterfront development.
Invasive species research
Purchase of LKO marker bouys to mark rocks and sandbars and to indicate to boaters where to slow down to prevent shoreline erosion
Love Your Lake summer seminar
Conservation Award eligibility
- Spring and fall newsletters with:
- Latest accomplishments and current work plan of the LKO board.
- Tips for best practices, as a stakeholder of the lake.
- Special interest stories from the lake and broader community.
- Lake level and water monitoring results.
- Upcoming special events & special projects planned by the LKO
- Partnership, discussion and petitioning of lake specific issues through
- FOCA (Federation of Cottagers’ Association)
- CHA (Coalition of Haliburton Property Owners)
- CEWF (Coalition for Equitable Water Flow)